About Me

My photo
I am a child of God first and foremost. I love art, and painting is my new passion. My paintings often reflect emotions, life events, and my faith. It's freeing to express myself through colour and texture as brush meets canvas. Many of these paintings have been inspired by life events, both good and bad - but like Helen Keller said: "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved." ~

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's about time...

To all of my adoring fans: "I apologize.  I have been keeping myself occuppied with many things, art and blogging at the bottom of the list, unfortunately for all of you.  But, tonight I picked up the paintbrush again, and as soon as I locate my camera (I am sad to report it has run away with my pretty teal shirt and favorite pen) I will post pictures.  I have transformed one of my lovely green and blue background paintings into some abstract work of art named... you guessed it - Untitled!  I have also created two paintings quite similar in style to my very first painting ("A Little Bit of Faith) which I am quite pleased with.  And, finally, an attempt to use the extra paint on my palette turned into a lovely cactus scene.... Not sure where the cactus came from, I am not a fan of the desert or the heat or prickly things... but it's a cactus none the less.  Anywho, I am rambling, and my constant sneezing has made it hard to concentrate on anything for too long, so I will continue to watch tv while laying on the floor . . . I mean, while I look frantically for my camera so that new pictures can be posted for you... Later!"

No comments:

Post a Comment