About Me

My photo
I am a child of God first and foremost. I love art, and painting is my new passion. My paintings often reflect emotions, life events, and my faith. It's freeing to express myself through colour and texture as brush meets canvas. Many of these paintings have been inspired by life events, both good and bad - but like Helen Keller said: "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved." ~

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm back!

Yes, it has been a while since my last update, but I have located my camera (apparently it had decided to hide in a photograph box buried deep in a box I have not yet unpacked) so new pictures can be shared!



My most recent project is the direct result of a trip to Re-use and a bowl belonging to a good friend.  Re-use is this wonderful little place where people take unwanted items and other people get new (to them) items.  Best part of it all, everything you get in one trip costs only $5!  Wonderful.  A recycled crafter's dream!  So, anyways, there was a bin of records, and records, being plastic and whatnot, tend to melt when stuck in the oven.  So, that's precisely what I did, and as a positive consequence, I have this super thrifty, super neat bowl/candle holder made from a hawaiian hits album! 

I think this decoration would make lovely and cheap centerpieces at my wedding.  No, don't worry, no engagement as of yet, but a girl can dream.  When you reach early twenties and all of your friends start gettting married it's hard not to think about weddings and babies and such things.  So, this is one of those lovely wedding thoughts, an idea on the back burner until "Mr. Right" or "Prince Charming" come along . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment