About Me

My photo
I am a child of God first and foremost. I love art, and painting is my new passion. My paintings often reflect emotions, life events, and my faith. It's freeing to express myself through colour and texture as brush meets canvas. Many of these paintings have been inspired by life events, both good and bad - but like Helen Keller said: "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved." ~

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paint and Brush


The Cactus
July 2011

The Cactus is a quick project to use up leftover paint from another painting experience.  But, if I do say so myself, it turned out quite well.


Untitled
July 2011

Untitled
July 2011

This mountainous painting began as the backdrop for another project I am currently working on, however, it morphed into this beauty and I am not sure what I am going to do with it anymore.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.



Seeds of Faith
July 2011

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17.20)

Most days finding a mustard seed worth of faith is the most difficult task, but on "high-faith" days it helps to remember that God plants and waters that tiny bit of faith to grow, and all we really have to do is not resist the sun, air, and water.  Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment