About Me

My photo
I am a child of God first and foremost. I love art, and painting is my new passion. My paintings often reflect emotions, life events, and my faith. It's freeing to express myself through colour and texture as brush meets canvas. Many of these paintings have been inspired by life events, both good and bad - but like Helen Keller said: "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved." ~

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chapel Paintings


I did a series of paintings for one of Concordia's Lenten Chapel services.  The following paintings are based on the Old and New Testament readings, and the idea that God is dwelling with us.




Moses and the Ten Commandments
Exodus 24
March 2011




The Mount of Transfiguation
Matthew 17.1-9
March 2011




Untitled
March 2011

God dwells within each of us always, but it is nice to think that He is with us in ordinary life events too.  Like the picture of the tent on the mountains, one of the best places to connect with God is the peace and quite of the wilderness.  His majesty is reflected in the moon and stars, the sparkles in the rocks, and the intricacies of the plants and animals.  What a privilege we have to see God's in everything we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment